[ptp-user] Synchronized projects and remote include paths

Hey folks,

Beth Tibbitts suggested that I post this tidbit that I discovered through some experiments with PTP, synchronized projects, and the C/C++ indexer.

Before I refer you to the new FAQ question I added, I'd like to make sure that it's clear that in order for remote include paths to work, you need the latest PTP CDT remote include file support patch available from the PTP CDT updates repo:

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/juno/cdt

Also, know that when you add a remote include path using the //<connection>/<path> syntax (remembering to set the upper-right dialog box to "Filesytem"), the dialogue has a bug that causes it to tell you that the path is invalid because it can't be opened. Don't believe it! The indexer will be able to open it when the time comes, provided you haven't made any typos or other errors.

Also also, this is in reference to using Eclipse Juno with PTP 6.0.3.201211112147

OK, with that out of the way, here's a link to the FAQ question I added:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Parallel_Tools_Platform_FAQ#Q:_How_can_I_get_the_C.2FC.2B.2B_indexer_to_use_my_remote_include_paths_in_a_synchronized_project.3F

- Corey

Back to the top