Re: [ptp-user] Testing for Parallel Package Juno SR2 (RC4 build) ** convert to synchronized project

Hi

I cannot reproduce this problem. When I run "Project->Clean..." the binaries on the
remote machine for the current configuration are correctly removed.

The empty text box in the configuration is for adding additional arguments to the
"make clean" command, I think, so it is correct that it is empty by default.

John

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 14:11:30 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> The following is based on the build
> http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/juno/download/20130214-122
> 3/
>
> I imported a project from git as general project, converted to a C/C++
> Makefile  project (Linux gcc toolchain) and used the wizard to convert that
> to a synchronized project.
>
> The default for the build directory (in project manager->Properties->C/C++
> Build) even for the remote project is ${workspace_loc:/hello_par}/ .
> A better default is the "Root location" in the synchronize tab.
>
> This is not a new observation. It has been like this as long as I can
> remember. But this was a stumbling stone ever since. Could that be fixed ?

I forgot one observation. Presumably this sneaked in about half a year ago.

The default setting in project manager->Properties->C/C++ Build -> Behavior is
empty for "clean". As a consequence, Project->Clean... does another make, not
a "make clean" which can be very confusing.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing