Re: [ptp-user] Testing for Parallel Package Juno SR2 (RC4 build) ** convert to synchronized project

The build directory shown by CDT is incorrect. The default build directory for
remote configurations is, in fact, the root location in the synchronize tab.

Yes, you are correct. This has been a known issue for quite some time:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/sync-projects#Known_Issues

Internally, when a build is requested, the path given by CDT is modified
by replacing the workspace project location with the sync root location.

So it is possible to build in a subdirectory on the remote by appending
the subdirectory to the CDT path. You can also, of course, type any
path, and it will be built in that location on the remote.

Fixing this, I think, is difficult, but the documentation could probably
be improved at least.

John

http://eclipse.org/downloads/index-developer.php?release=juno

> If you find problems, you can reply to this thread (preferably by adding

> something to the end of the subject line about what you found, so we can

> keep them straight)

The following is based on the build

http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/juno/download/20130214-1223/

I imported a project from git as general project, converted to a C/C++ Makefile project (Linux gcc toolchain) and used the wizard to convert that to a synchronized project.

The default for the build directory (in project manager->Properties->C/C++ Build) even for the remote project is ${workspace_loc:/hello_par}/ .

A better default is the "Root location" in the synchronize tab.

This is not a new observation. It has been like this as long as I can remember. But this was a stumbling stone ever since. Could that be fixed ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940