[ptp-user] Juno SR2 RC3 and Kelper M5 Issue with Creating and Building Remote C++ Projects

1. Juno SR2 RC3 Issue

This issue does not occur in SR1 when following the same steps.  I receive the following error upon attempting to build a new remote C++ project:
Error: Program "rm" not found in PATH
PATH=[/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games]

I've made sure to remove and create a new project for the RC3 instance (to not re-use my project from SR1).

My rm utility is located in /bin which is one of the paths listed in PATH in C/C++ Build -> Environment (and has "BUILD SYSTEM" listed in Origin column) and also listed in the error message.

Steps/Info
Eclipse Juno SR2 RC3 Win64

New Remote project
Remote Tools
Toolchain: Remote GCC C/C++ Executable
Add source file with main function to cout "Hello World"
Click "Build Project"

Also, it appears to call "Clean Project" twice when I choose "Build Project."    This is listed twice at the top of the Console:

**** Clean-only build of configuration Debug for project helloworld ****

I would think it would not even call "Clean Project" once.

2. Juno SR2 RC3 and Kelper M5 Issue

Sometimes when trying to create a new remote project, a progress dialog appears "Initializing remote services: RSE" and this hangs.  This happens before getting to the "New Remote Project" dialog.

I do not have any RSE connections set up in the Remote Systems tab, so I'm not sure why it's thinking to initiate an RSE connection.

When in this state, the cancel button does not stop this progress.  I kill the javaw process and restart Eclipse.  I thought removing my one remote connection in the Remote Environment tab and then trying again helped, however, this issue also occurs when not having any hosts in the Remote Environment tab.  Also, the Remote Environment tab is for Remote Tools, not RSE connections, correct?  So I wouldn't expect this to be correlated.

Thanks,

Derek

Back to the top