Re: [ptp-user] Remote Indexing Issue with PTP 6.0.3 and Remote Indexing Patch

 On January 31,2013, Derek Wood wrote:
Hi,

It's possible I'm doing something wrong because it seems that this feature seems to work for others (I read the recent thread near the beginning of this month related to this).

I am using PTP 6.0.3 (upgraded from 6.0.2) and installed the remote indexing patch.

I'm setting up my synchronized project, running Eclipse on a Windows machine to my development Linux machine.  I'm doing this by following the SC12 tutorial slides.

The connection I set up through RSE is SSH-only and this appears to work fine.  When I make a change in my files in Eclipse, they sync over to the development machine as expected.  I even have it working with Git, fantastic :)

However, currently I am receiving many "Field .. could not be resolved" errors because I did not set up my include paths.  I tried to follow the steps in the slides, particularly where you go to Preprocessor Include Paths -> C++ -> CDT User Setting Entries -> Add... and enter the following:

//connection_name/usr/local/include
(selecting Filesystem from dropdown)

I receive a warning "The selected folder does not exist or not accessible."

I'd just like to add that I'm seeing the same problem on M20130204-1200, with PTP 6.0.2.2012091814

I wonder if this brokenness is related to the change of the CDT projects include file mechanism.

Frankly, the current project configuration seems to be a bit of a mess. There are now two mechanisms, one of which I think is deprecated: C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols, and the new one: C/C++ General->Preprocessor Includes

I tried adding my remote /usr/include path to both, using the //connection_name/ syntax, but I get the "The selected folder does not exist or is not accessible." the indexer always seems to find the local one only.

Also, there are no visible local paths to delete, so it's a mystery as to why it's looking in any local paths at all.

- Corey

Back to the top