Re: [ptp-dev] Setting the IP or hostname of a remote connection?

> I am trying to use PTP to connect to a remote machine within my existing RCP
> application. I need to programmatically set the IP or hostname for the
> connection. How is that done?

On the Linux Tools Project, something similar is being done to test
the remote functionality we have implemented. See

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/11612/7/profiling/org.eclipse.linuxtools.profiling.tests/src/org/eclipse/linuxtools/profiling/tests/AbstractRemoteTest.java

I think it may be roughly what you're looking for.

Note that IRemoteConnectionManager.newConnection(String name) is called
to create an IRemoteConnection. That interface has the API necessary
to define your host/ip along with credentials.

I think the purpose of IRemoteConnectionManager.getConnection(String name)
is to have another way of retrieving the connection at a later time.

Hope this helps,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top