Re: [ptp-dev] patch for Kepler M5

Jay,
The fix for M5 is detailed here: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ptp-dev/msg07306.html
(BUT note M6 is more recent than M5.  I will post next how to patch M6)

And M5 patch repeated here:
(1) install Kepler M5 parallel package from http://eclipse.org/downloads/index-developer.php?release=kepler (but note, M6 is there on the main site now)
(2) Update the RSE from their milestone p2 update site
Help>Install New Software...
and add
http://download.eclipse.org/tm/updates/3.4milestones
Then select "TM and RSE 3.4.2 Main Features"  and choose RSE End-user runtime

--or-- download one of the zips from
http://download.eclipse.org/tm/downloads/drops/S-3.4.2RC4b-201302121326/index.php
and use that to install offline (entire repository, or runtime+useractions (2 zips)  would probably both work)

You specifically want the RSE part that was built on 2/12 - after they fixed the bug that broke PTP sync project creation

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for "Alameda, Jay" ---04/01/2013 08:29:24 PM---Beth, You sent out an update that we could apply to fix th"Alameda, Jay" ---04/01/2013 08:29:24 PM---Beth, You sent out an update that we could apply to fix the race-like condition in Kepler M5 a littl

"Alameda, Jay" <alameda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/01/2013 08:29 PM

[ptp-dev] patch for Kepler M5

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Beth,

You sent out an update that we could apply to fix the race-like condition in Kepler M5 a little while ago - could you resend that, I'm currently constrained in my ability to reach back to old email, and we may need to try Kepler out for our tutorial this thursday/friday -

Thanks,

Jay