[ptp-dev] PTP Package Question

Hi All,

I'm doing some work on the Photran plugin code and created a Plugin Update Site project in Eclipse so I can create artifacts to distribute to others so they can install and test out updates as I make them.

I was able to get everything working but I'm not sure if the extra steps I took could have been avoided if I'd gone about things in a different manner.

With my plugin Update Site I was able to successfully update both Juno SR1 and SR2 in Windows and OSX but the updates failed when installing in a Linux PTP distribution (both Juno SR1 and SR2).

The error occurred during installation (after dependency checks, license acceptance, etc) with the following error message:
Artifact not found: plugins/org.eclipse.photran.core.intel_8.0.0.201302201121.jar
Artifact not found: plugins/org.eclipse.photran.managedbuilder.intel.ui.8.0.0.201302201121.jar

For reference, here are the steps I took to create my plugin update site:
1. Check out both the PTP and Photran git repositories: git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp.git and git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/ptp/org.eclipse.photran.git and changed to the ptp_6_0 branch in each.
2. Create a Plugin Update Site Project in my workspace and edit the site.xml file
3. Click Add Feature and add: org.eclipse.ptp.fortran, org.eclipse.photran, and org.eclipse.rephraserengine (and select the ... qualifier versions)
4. Click on Build All to build the necessary jars

This initially doesn't generate the jar files mentioned in the error message above, but as I mentioned, successfully updates both a Windows and OSX PTP distribution.

<Workaround Step>
To get the required files generated in step 4 above, I edited the feature.xml file in org.eclipse.photran-feature and added the following to the plugins section:
org.eclipse.photran.core.intel (0.0.0)
org.eclipse.photran.managedbuilder.intel.ui (0.0.0)
</Workaround Step>

After doing this, when I click on "Build All" for my Plugin Update Site I get all of the files necessary to update the Linux (and Windows and OSX) PTP distributions.

I believe this all boils down to the Linux PTP distribution having the Feature org.eclipse.photran.intel installed whereas the Windows and OSX distributions do not (as viewed in the About Eclipse -> Installation Details -> Features tab)

So I'm wondering:
1. Are there other steps I should have taken when setting up my plugin update site above, or some other way to avoid using the "Workaround Step" above ? Or is this just something that has to be done...
2. Are the Linux PTP distributions *supposed* to have this feature installed by default ?
3. Are the Windows and OSX distributions supposed to *not have* this feature installed by default ?

Additionally, in case anyone wants to try out the failing and successful update sites you can point your eclipse installations here:
Fails only for Linux distributions - http://studiomoderne.com/techx-old/site.xml
Works for all distributions - http://studiomoderne.com/techx/site.xml

Thanks!
Louis