[ptp-dev] Problem saving attribute values with JAXB custom widgets

I've implemented a custom widget for my resource manager so the user can dynamically query LSF queues in the run configuration dialog, but have run into a problem where the attribute value for any attribute used by this custom widget is not saved across invocations of the run configuration dialog. Other attributes are saved.

I've implemented this by coding a text box widget and a custom widget which refer to the same attribute

<widget style="SWT.BORDER" attribute="LSF_QUEUE"
                type="text" >
                <layout-data>
                        <grid-data widthHint="300" horizontalSpan="1"/>
                </layout-data>
                <tooltip>${ptp_rm:LSF_QUEUE#tooltip}</tooltip>
        </widget>

        <widget type="custom" typeId="queueQuery" style="SWT.LEFT" attribute="LSF_QUEUE">
                <layout-data>
                        <grid-data widthHint="100" horizontalAlign="SWT.BEGINNING" />
                </layout-data>
                <fixed-text>List</fixed-text>
        </widget>

The way I intended for this to work was that the user can either just fill in the queue name in the text box or he can click the list button which is part of my custome widget, select a queue name from the table in a popup dialog and click ok.

I'm not doing anything in my custom widget to save the attribute value. Am I supposed to be doing anything to save the value? If so, how do I get access to the attribute? I see a 'lcMap' variable that's available to the refreshValueFromMap method in the model for the widget but I don't know how to get access to it for saving a value or where I would do that.

Is what I'm trying to do supposed to work?

Dave

Back to the top