[ptp-dev] Problems using org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.control.ui.widget extension point

Hi
It's been a while since I've done this so I might be doing something wrong, but no idea what.

I'm trying to create a new plugin to implement a custom widget for my LSF resource manager. I added an extension for org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.control.ui.widget. I also have dependencies listed for the org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.control.ui and org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.core plugins.

I filled in the class name for my control widget and clicked the 'widgetClass' string to the left to create the class. I get a dialog to create a new Java class where the superclass is Object and org.elipse.swt.widgets.Control is listed as an interface.

If I click Finish my class is created, but the declaration is flagged since it's coded as implementing Control, which is a class.

Do I need to specify some class such as Composite (like org.eclipse.ptp.internal.ems.ui.EnvManagerConfigurationButton does?

Also, the constructor for EnvManagerConfigButton has two parameters, Composite parent and IWidgetDescriptor wd. I think I need to use the same declaration for my constructor, but shouldn't the wizard do that for me?

If I fill in the class name for the update model class and then click the text updateModelClass to the left to create that class then I get a dialog to create the class where the superclass is Object and an interface org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.control.core.ui.IUpdateModel is specified

If I click finish I get a class where the import statement is flagged as unresolvable. I think the import statement should be org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.control.ui.IUpdateModel If I change it to that then the import statement is no longer flagged. If I then use the quick fix 'add unimplemented methods' the class seems to be filled in properly.
Dave

Back to the top