Re: [ptp-dev] [epp-dev] Parallel Package (Juno Win32) Error 'Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine' - on Windows

But I'd rather they see an out of memory exception when they need more, rather than the error we now have, and it won't start.

I'm inclined to agree.  A Google search for "eclipse outofmemoryerror" brings up a bunch of nearly identical instructions on how to fix it -- correctly.  A Google search for "eclipse failed to create virtual machine" brings up a bunch of less-than-helpful threads from confused and exasperated people on message boards.  It appears that people are generally more successful at fixing the former problem than the latter.  So if we're going to decide which problem to make them fix... :)

Will 1.5 GB work in most scenarios?  Some older machines' motherboards were limited to 2 GB of RAM, so something just under 2 GB might be a reasonable number... just a thought...

Jeff

Back to the top