Re: [ptp-dev] Moving to GIT

Hi

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It looks like we're ready to move to GIT. I suggest we transition this coming Wednesday (11/7). I know this is close to SC, but if we don't do it now then it will be the end of November before things settle down again.
Do you mean Wednesday (11/9)?

We have to open a bug against  Foundation>Community>Git (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Git/Migrating_to_Git#Open_a_Bug)
  • migration timeline: Wednesday (11/9)
  • mapping of current code to new Git repos: Described in 349695
  • your decision regarding existing code (archive or import): Import
  • A description for each of your repositories. The description will be seen in the web view: http://git.eclipse.org/c/
  • org.eclipse.ptp.git: Main repository for the Parallel Tools Platform (PTP) project
    org.eclipse.ptp.doc.git: Documentation repository for PTP
    org.eclipse.photran.git: Main repository for the Photran project

Is this correct? Do you want me to open the bug or do you want to do that? I hope they create the repositories in time for our timeline to work.

I will make the CVS repo read-only on Wednesday morning, then create another copy that Roland can use to upload. Roland, do you know how to upload to git.eclipse.org, or do I need to do it?
I think I should be able to do that as soon as the webmasters have created them.

The ptp and photran repos look ok to me. You can exclude org.eclipse.photran.master from the photran git repo.
OK.

Also, I think the photran repo should be org.eclipse.photran.git.
OK

Roland

Regards,
Greg