[ptp-dev] SC11 Demo Performance data storage: local vs remote + Windows support

Greetings,

I've been working on the routine for the ETFw demo for supercomputing and I've run into a potential issue.  Right now the TAU plugin assumes that TAU is available on the remote and local systems.  The data is copied to the local system for visualization in TAU and storage in a local database.  That functionality isn't really available in Windows and I don't know if we want to ask demo-users to fiddle with setting up TAU on their systems anyway.  I could try setting up support for storage in a remote database but that would require some database administration on the demo machine and I don't know if the remote tools can handle launching a UI based visualizer over X.  Any thoughts on how to proceed here?  The easy course is just to show that performance data has been generated on the remote system and look at it manually, but that takes some of the punch out of the presentation.

Thanks,
Wyatt

Back to the top