Re: [ptp-dev] Tool Chains and Synchronized Projects - must select remote toolchain on initial project creation

I tried the following steps and it worked for me. I'm not sure if this is the same as what you did. Can you be more precise?

1. Create a local C project. Project type "Makefile Project - Empty Project". Leave "-- Other Toolchain --" selected.
2. Add a source file and a Makefile to the project.
3. Convert to sync. Specify a new directory on the remote machine.
4. Change active build configuration to "Remote". Project syncs.
5. Click on build icon, project builds
6. Open Tool Chain Editor properties.
7. Uncheck "Display compatible toolchains only"
8. Select "Remote XL C/C++ Toolchain"
9. Change "Current builder" back to "Sync Builder".
10. Click on build icon again.

One thing I did notice is that setting the Remote XL C/C++ Toolchain seems to alter my path on the remote machine. With no toolchain selected, there is a PATH variable in the Environment tab that contains /usr/vacpp/bin (the location of the compiler). With Remote XL C/C++ Toolchain selected the PATH variable does not contain /usr/vacpp/bin and I have to manually add it.

Greg