Re: [ptp-dev] Tips about extending PTP RDT Wizard using cdt.templates

I honestly don't know much about the template support because we don't use it. We've used the newWizardPages extension point from org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui in the past, and I created that, so I know more about that one.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Daniel HB ---09/22/2011 01:27:20 PM---Hi, I'm trying to enhance the default "Remote C/C++ Project"Daniel HB ---09/22/2011 01:27:20 PM---Hi, I'm trying to enhance the default "Remote C/C++ Project"

Daniel HB <danielhb@xxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/22/2011 01:27 PM

[ptp-dev] Tips about extending PTP RDT Wizard using cdt.templates

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm trying to enhance the default "Remote C/C++ Project"
wizard by inserting one extra page with Advance Toolchain specific
configuration for remote launching.

Our team has done that for the C/C++ Project Wizard from CDT
using the cdt.templates extension point. However this same approach
wasn't enough for the PTP RDT Wizard.

I've spoken with Greg Watson and he told that, as far as he knows, using
cdt.templates to add new pages in the New Remote C/C++ Project wizard
should work, since this wizard is a clone of the CDT wizard. He thinks
that maybe the cdt.templates support changed recently and it's possible
that an update in the RDT wizard is required.

So my question is: am I on the right track or am I missing something?
Does the PTP RDT Wizard needs update to comply to recent CDT changes?