Re: [ptp-dev] Convert to Synchronized project using remote xlC compiler toolchain

Well with some help from Chris, I think I have this working. At least building cleanly.
I check the initial project out from CVS, thus in a local project -- Makefile project, and what works best is setting the toolchain to Remote XLC (because i want to eventually build it there)
Then convert to sync project, and change build config to remote

But what the "convert to sync project" doesn't seem to be doing is to change the build directory to the location of the remote project on the local machine
(this was also true when i didn't specify a toolchain).  It still points to the local of the project on the local machine.

I also need to change the project properties to the location of the xlC compiler on the remote machine. (then close and re-open project, and scanner discovery now finds the remote includes it needs)

So when the following are set correctly
1. toolchain (specified on initial local project creation even tho it doesn't match local machine)
2. build directory (had to do this manually, shouldn't the wizard do that?)
3. xlC path, did this in project properties manually too, I don't have xlC on my local machine.
I can build correctly

What should local navigation (hyperlinking to include files, for example) be doing for a sync project?
I must admit I do not know all the details/differences of sync vs. pure remote projects.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Chris Recoskie ---09/21/2011 02:15:33 PM---The problem could be that perhaps you are copying the scanChris Recoskie ---09/21/2011 02:15:33 PM---The problem could be that perhaps you are copying the scanner discovery profile/profileID from the l

Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx>

09/21/2011 02:15 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] Convert to Synchronized project using remote xlC compiler toolchain

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The problem could be that perhaps you are copying the scanner discovery profile/profileID from the local config. The remote config should have a remote discovery profile.

The compiler path in the XLC page is a resource property on the project, if I recall.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for John Eblen ---09/21/2011 12:58:25 PM---The conversion wizard copies the settings of the active configJohn Eblen ---09/21/2011 12:58:25 PM---The conversion wizard copies the settings of the active configuration when creating the Remote confi

John Eblen <jeblen@xxxxxxx>

09/21/2011 12:58 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] Convert to Synchronized project using remote xlC compiler toolchain

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The conversion wizard copies the settings of the active configuration when creating the Remote configuration. Inside C/C++ Build you can then change the settings for Remote. Oddly, though, the XL C/C++ compiler page does not allow you to select a configuration. So I don't know which configurations are altered when this is changed.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Beth Tibbitts <