[ptp-dev] ETFw profile launch configuration

Wyatt & other ETFw users,

1. The profile configuration uses it's own launch configuration type. If the launch configuration type was the same as the Parallel Application launch configuration type, then run/debug launch configurations created using the Parallel Application launch configuration could be used for a profile launch. In some situations, this would reduce the amount of configuration required for a development work flow. I propose that the profile configuration use the same configuration type.

2. The profile launch configuration has the Application tab before the Resources tab. However, for remote launches in particular, the resource manager must be selected before the application executable. Otherwise there is no way to know on which remote host the executable is located. I propose reversing these two tabs.

3. The profile launch configuration has a Debugger tab which is not required, but, annoyingly, still needs to be completed by the user. I propose removing this tab.

Please let me know ASAP if you have any objections, or are ok with these changes.

Thanks,
Greg

Back to the top