[ptp-dev] NPE in Remote Tools restarting resource manager

Hey can we change the subject line of this discussion? (which started out with some of us discussing slides for the PTP Users call tomorrow)
</pet-peeve>

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Galen Arnold ---06/21/2011 11:00:31 AM---Al, I've got more info.  I can connect to the resource managGalen Arnold ---06/21/2011 11:00:31 AM---Al, I've got more info. I can connect to the resource manager if I first initiate RSE to the target

Galen Arnold <arnoldg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Albert L. Rossi" <arossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, Rick Kufrin <rkufrin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rui Liu <ruiliu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jay Alameda <jalameda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/21/2011 11:00 AM

Re: new slides

Al,

I've got more info. I can connect to the resource manager if I first initiate RSE to the target system in the remote-system-explorer perspective. That prompts me for my ssh-key passphrase. I've got 2 passwords on lincoln: kerberos, and ssh key. That's not an uncommon scenario. I suspect the authentication for the resource manager needs to be setup to handle that better.

-Galen

Galen Arnold
system engineer
NCSA