From: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Greg Watson
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:47 PM
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Respin of epp-parallel package available: RC5

I just tried from FC13 and it works ok without the environment variable.

Greg

On Jun 16, 2011, at 12:28 PM, Galen Arnold wrote:

> Jay,
>
> That works!  I have the Browse button again and made a remote c/c++
project.  I haven't had to set that before, so it's a new *feature* ...

general developers" <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:19:31 AM
> Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Respin of epp-parallel package available: RC5
>
> Pure, 100% hunch - Galen, try setting the following environment variable
-

> The variable I needed to use was GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS, and I set it to the
> value "1".
>

> Let's see if that brings back "browse" -

On
> Behalf Of Beth Tibbitts
> Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:48 AM
> To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
> Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Respin of epp-parallel package available: RC5
>

> I mean *Dave* got a corrupt one and re-downloaded it.
>

> ...Beth
>
> Beth Tibbitts
> Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
> IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
> Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY
40511

> Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---06/16/2011 11:22:44 AM--->and
> it's not showing me the usual "browse" The button is miBeth
> Tibbitts---06/16/2011 11:22:44 AM--->and it's not showing me the usual
> "browse" The button is missing?

> Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

> Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> 06/16/2011 11:22 AM

> Re: [ptp-dev] Respin of epp-parallel package available: RC5
>

> Sent by:
>

> ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>  _____
>

>> and it's not showing me the usual "browse"
> The button is missing?
> If so that's really strange.
>
> Could you try downloading it again and brining it up on a clean/new
> workspace? Jay seems to have gotten a corrupt one as well.
>

> ...Beth
>
> Beth Tibbitts
> Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  <http://eclipse.org/ptp>
> http://eclipse.org/ptp
> IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
> Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY
40511

> Inactive hide details for Galen Arnold ---06/16/2011 11:08:36 AM---fyi,
> can't get a remote c/c++ project started...getting thGalen Arnold
> ---06/16/2011 11:08:36 AM---fyi, I can't get a remote c/c++ project
> started...getting this from the "New Remote Project" dialog

> Galen Arnold <arnoldg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> 06/16/2011 11:08 AM

> Re: [ptp-dev] Respin of epp-parallel package available: RC5
>

> Sent by:
>

> ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>  _____
>

> fyi,
>
> I can't get a remote c/c++ project started...getting this from the "New
> Remote Project" dialog and it's not showing me the usual "browse" for
the
> remote system.
>
> *Project location directory must be specified
>
> Version: Indigo Release
> Build id: 20110615-0604
> x86 32bit
>
> -Galen
> Galen Arnold
> system engineer
> NCSA

HEAD,
> which also doesn't make much sense. I'm not sure how to track this down.

> Dave
>

> From: Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
> To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
> Date: 06/15/2011 11:12 AM
> Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Respin of epp-parallel package available:
> RC5
> Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

>> I always get a proxy disconnected popup. The only change I had between
> RC4 and RC5...
> Dave, I think I saw that on my remote testing yesterday afternoon the
> first time i tried to use your new fixed proxy (with our RC4)
> I chalked it up to network idiosyncracies i think and retried and it
> worked.
>

> ...Beth
>
> Beth Tibbitts
> Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  <http://eclipse.org/ptp>
> http://eclipse.org/ptp
> IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
> Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY
40511

> <Mail Attachment.gif>Dave Wootton---06/15/2011 10:54:16 AM---I tried to
> create a remote project and run a PE application. I found 4 problems
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> From:
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> Dave Wootton/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> To:
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> Date:
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> 06/15/2011 10:54 AM
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> Subject:
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> Re: [ptp-dev] Respin of epp-parallel package available: RC5
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> Sent by:
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> I tried to create a remote project and run a PE application. I found 4
> problems
> 1) The first time I started the RC5 Eclipse and created a remote project

> Eclipse hung completely for about 2 minutes. I think I had right clicked

> on the executable in my remote project to view properties. I noticed the

> status in the lower right corner said C/.C++ indexer 0 percent for a
long
> time and after the hang cleared it switched to DStore server
> 2) I'm getting the following null pointer exception in the C/C++ indexer

> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at

org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.core.index.RemoteIndexLifecycleService.update
> (RemoteIndexLifecycleService.java:87)
>
> at

org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.core.index.RemoteIndexerTask.run(RemoteIndexe
> rTask.java:88)
>
> at

org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.PDOMIndexerJob.run(PDOMIndexerJob.java:

<http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/indigo/download/2011061