Re: [ptp-dev] use case question regarding JAXB launch tab configuration

> Case 3:  A & B shared, but C not shared (or some combination of on/off).  This doesn't work quite as one would expect.  If the user clicks Apply or Run from A or B, the Launch Configuration gets the values on A,B _and_ C, but if the user is working from C, the Launch Configuration gets only the values in C.  While this makes sense from one standpoint, it may not be intuitive to the user, who probably thinks that A and B should not include the values in C which are not in the intersection of A,B, and C.

After giving this more thought, it seems what we really want to be able to do is to define a superset for each tab.  That is, you could conceivably want B to share with A and C, but A to share only with B and C to share with none.

To do this would mean changing the type of the "sharedEnvironment" from boolean to a comma-delimited string where you would list the titles of the other tabs whose attribute settings should be included in the configuration when set from the current tab.

Too late for this change?  (all the other supporting changes would be to UI stuff, so its not API).

Al

Back to the top