[ptp-dev] Eclipse Indigo (3.7) M6 information including PTP - and some installation scenarios/alternatives

And just to put all the info about Indigo Milestone 6 (M6) in one place...

Looks like our fixed M6 build will not make the Indigo repository for Indigo M6.
(A) It's today's build on the 5.0 builds page
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/index.html
I'm going to call this "M6+"

(You can download this ptp-master-xxx.zip and use it as an archived local update site)

(B) And it's on our PTP-specific indigo update site

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/indigo/
(You can use this as an update site) This is "M6+"

(C) But the epp-parallel build *has* been rebuilt with the fixes

http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/indigo/download/20110317-1605/
which has "M6+"

(This is an all-in-one download of Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) M6, including CDT, PTP, and friends.)

(D) The staging repository to Indigo M6 is here:
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/staging/ - this has our (slightly broken) M6.
This will be the Eclipse Indigo repository ("update site") for M6.
(This is a test copy of the Indigo M6 repository (update site) until it's made public.)

(E) If you want an Eclipse Indigo 3.7 M6 "Eclipse Classic" SDK into which you can install the update sites above,
you can get it here:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/
See "3.7 Stream Stable Build" and the link that says "3.7M6" - it's dated Thus 10 Mar 2011
(for example, there is a Linux PPC version for the SDK, where there is not for the epp-parallel build, as Ray@NCSA informed me today)

A few scenarios for installation for testing:
(1) Download the epp-parallel "all in one" build for your platform above (C)
or
(2) Download "Eclipse classic" SDK for your platform (E) and install from update sites: (via Help > Install new software...)
(2a) Use the update site/repository for CDT (in the staging repository) to install it (D)
(2b) Use the update site/repository for PTP from our PTP-specific update site (B)
(2c) You will need RSE too but it should find it from the staging repository (D)
or
(3) Download "Eclipse classic" SDK (E) and do an offline install:
(3a) download ptp-master-xxx.zip from (A) today's M6a build
(3b) download cdt-master-xxx.zip for M6 from CDT builds page for 8.0.0 at http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/8.0.0/index.html
(3c) download RSE-3.2.2-update.zip from http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/RSE-3.2.2-update.zip
(3d) Install CDT, PTP, and RSE from the update site archives you downloaded in 3a,3b,3c (Help > Install new software...)
To speed up the install, be sure to select "-- Only Local Sites --" in the "Work with:" box at the top of the dialog,
AND UNCHECK at the bottom of the dialog: "Contact all update sites during install to find required software"

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---03/17/2011 02:29:28 PM---I meant Indigo  of course. Sorry 'bout that.Beth Tibbitts---03/17/2011 02:29:28 PM---I meant Indigo of course. Sorry 'bout that.

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

03/17/2011 02:29 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] PTP M6, what is and what isn't

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I meant Indigo of course.
Sorry 'bout that.

Looks like our fixed M6 build will not make the
Indigo repository for Indigo M6.
It's today's build on the 5.0 builds page
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/index.html
I'm going to call this "M6+"

And it's on our PTP-specific indigo update site

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/indigo/

But the epp-parallel build *has* been rebuilt with the fixes

http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/indigo/download/20110317-1605/
which has "M6+"

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---03/17/2011 02:18:34 PM---I hit send too quick... Looks like our fixed M6 build will nBeth Tibbitts---03/17/2011 02:18:34 PM---I hit send too quick... Looks like our fixed M6 build will not make the Helios repository for

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

03/17/2011 02:18 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] PTP M6, what is and what isn't
    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I hit send too quick...

Looks like our fixed M6 build will not make the Helios repository for Indigo M6.
It's today's build on the 5.0 builds page
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/index.html
I'm going to call this "M6+"

And it's on our PTP-specific indigo update site

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/indigo/

But the epp-parallel build *has* been rebuilt with the fixes

http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/indigo/download/20110317-1605/
which has "M6+"

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---03/17/2011 01:31:09 PM---Looks like our fixed M6 build will not make the Helios reposBeth Tibbitts---03/17/2011 01:31:09 PM---Looks like our fixed M6 build will not make the Helios repository for Indigo M6.

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/17/2011 01:31 PM

[ptp-dev] PTP M6, what is and what isn't
    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Looks like our fixed M6 build will not make the Helios repository for Indigo M6.
It's today's build on the 5.0 builds page
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/index.html
And it's on our update site