Re: [ptp-dev] RSEProcessBuilder

As far as I know that is behaviour from RSE, you would have to take it up with them.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Roland Schulz ---03/14/2011 07:21:32 PM---Hi, for us the RSEProcessBuilder doesn't work correctly.Roland Schulz ---03/14/2011 07:21:32 PM---Hi, for us the RSEProcessBuilder doesn't work correctly.

Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx>

Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, jeblen <jeblen@xxxxxxx>

03/14/2011 07:21 PM

[ptp-dev] RSEProcessBuilder

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

for us the RSEProcessBuilder doesn't work correctly.

The problem: The output read from the process contains not only the
output generated by the remote command but also additional output
produced by the shell (e.g. /etc/motd and echo of each command).

We have originally observed this problem with our own git
synchronization provider but it also exists with existing code.
Steps to reproduce (using OpenMPI as an example):
- Create OpenMPI RM. Use ssh-only or linux RSE connection
- Start RM
- Show properties of first node.

For me the node name is "Last login: Mon Mar 14 19:05:09 2011 from
dyn219020169.dz.ornl.gov" for ssh-only. Obviously not the node name
but the first line of the login shell. (For linux it is
"hostname;exit", the echo of the command.)

Everything works correctly with RemoteTools and Local.

The installed RSE is 3.2.0

Is this a known problem? Do we have to use a different RSE version?

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309