Re: [ptp-dev] more on RM XML

OK.

I thought of something else.  The <script> element does not automatically mean a file; it could just be the file contents that in some cases (as we do currently with PBS) is actually serialized and sent over the wire on the command line.  The trigger to create the file should be an attribute.  Script does not need to appear among the managed-file list, as it will automatically be included if that attribute is true.

Al
----- Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Albert L. Rossi wrote:
>
> > files that needed to be staged.  Do we need to have a special set of properties, "files", which the RM looks at and copies if it is remote?
> >>
> >> That's what I was thinking. Something like:
> >>
> >> <file-staging-location>${remote.home}/.eclipse</file-staging-location>
> >> <managed-file create="true" delete-after-use="true">submitScript</managed-file>
> >> <managed-file delete-after-use="false">fileThatShouldBeLeftForSomeReason</managed-file>
> >>
> >> The RM would create these files (if necessary) and copy them to the staging location prior to executing any commands.
> >
> > I follow the <magaged-file>.  Why would it be necessary to specify the file-staging-location?  Isn't that part of the magic?
>
> It could be hardcoded I guess, but it would probably be nice to make it configurable in some way. You might want it in /tmp or something.
>
> Greg

Back to the top