Re: [ptp-dev] Updated Resource Manager Schema

Steve,

The command I am assuming is at this point a UNIX-like command issued either through a remote protocol like SSH by the client, or it the RM decides it needs a proxy, by the proxy directly as a shell command.  The stream is simply the standard out and standard error associated with the process.  The optional parser(s) attached to the stream would take the stream output and add properties to the RM's property map (environment).  It is my understanding here that such parsers would not be used for processes where the stream output is continuous, such as an application's stdout.  I was just trying to model how some commands, like submission to batch systems, would be able to get at a job id, or other commands could be issued to return version number, etc.  In the case of interactive jobs, the parser will need to "shut off" after it finds its information.  I would imagine that specifying a line number in the output would allow this.  I think I need to add to the parser an attribute saying whether the whole of its stream should also be redirected to a view.

Al