Re: [ptp-dev] New RM framework

----- Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roland,
>
> Yes, ask questions here. "Job attribute discovery" was meant to refer to attributes for submitting in a job. My understanding was that you'd worked out how to do this for PBS, so we'd make that a general mechanism for RMs.

Actually, our intention was that the UI use the model to provide the Job attributes to the user, and that the model be provided by the proxy.  So that was the generalization.  It just so happens that the PBS implementation would really be just an "emulation" of this, providing the attributes from a preconfigured piece of XML, since there is not good or reliable way to actually "discover" these on the server end.

> Greg
>

> On Nov 22, 2010, at 12:39 AM, Roland Schulz wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > should question be asked here on the mailinglist or should they be put under outstanding issues on the wiki?
> > e.g.:
> > >Job attribute discovery
> > Does this mean the possible Job attributes for submitting a job?
> >
> > I have added information as far as I understood them at the SC meeting. Please correct anything I misunderstood.

Under outstanding issues, I would also add that we did not really resolve
1. whether or not we need a Java proxy as intermediary between LLview and the client
2. the feasibility of an automated user deployment of LLview

(these two issues are linked, I believe).

I will add these to the wiki as soon as I get the password-username issues I continue to run up against on the eclipse portal worked out definitively (it has to do with getting rid of ncsa.uiuc.edu and replacing it with ncsa.illinois.edu ...).

Back to the top