[ptp-dev] Local vs. Remote Projects and RSE vs. RemoteTools - updated PTP help info

We don't have a good central place in the PTP help docs to discuss local vs. remote
and the alternatives of RemoteTools vs RSE for remote projects and RDT.
I added a file to org.eclipse.ptp.help project (on HEAD but will copy to ptp_4_0 soon, want it to get into PTP 4.0.3 in Heliose SR1)
entitled "Local vs. Remote Projects" which has a very brief description of RSE vs. Remote Tools with links to more info.
Please have a look and if I've left out anything or misrepresented anything, feel free to correct.

I mainly want a central pointer to the topics, which we don't have now, and we don't have
a real discussion about the fact that you can choose either RSE or RT for the Remote Provider of a new remote project.

See org.eclipse.help/html/localVsRemote.html but it also has a link in the toc.xml and toc.html
I also refer back to it in the section on remote resource managers.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top