Re: [ptp-dev] pbs dependencies

Hi,

these attribute classes are a workaround until 316671 is fixed. Until then we could move PBSNodeProtocolAttributes to rm.pbs.core.

Roland

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I don't really understand the PBS plugin dependencies. Can someone help?

It looks like org.eclipse.ptp.rm.pbs.core is dependent on org.eclipse.ptp.rm.pbs.jproxy as PBSNodeAttributes subclasses PBSNodeProtocolAttributes. I don't understand this as the org.eclipse.ptp.rm.pbs.core plugin should contain base classes that are used by other PBS plugins, not classes that extend other PBS classes. This dependency means that the jproxy plugin is required to install the PBS plugins, which doesn't make sense as the jproxy plugin should just contain the server side code and should not be needed on the client side. If there is code in jproxy used by both the client and server side, then it should be located in the pbs.core plugin.

Thanks,
ptp-dev mailing list
ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx