Re: [ptp-dev] Potential RDT Bug

Thanks for the quick reply!

If you are not connected to a Dstore server, then you will want to disable the indexing service.

Certainly and this is what I ended up doing.

By the way are there any thoughts on potentially removing the server requirement for indexing?  I.e. pull the files to the local machine as a ghost copy for indexing purposes and then maintain the copy using diffs?  That would be very neat as it would be simpler to get started for those that have restrictions on what they can do with the server and it would also ease the server workload when there are many users using the same login node.

That said, it shouldn't NPE. It should fail gracefully. Could you file a bug?

Sure.  It is filed as Bug 315096 in the bugzilla.

Thanks,

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Fredrik Kjolstad ---05/31/2010 09:44:21 AM---Hi, I have been trying to get remote projects working asFredrik Kjolstad ---05/31/2010 09:44:21 AM---Hi, I have been trying to get remote projects working as I work with a lot of

Fredrik Kjolstad <kjolsta1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/31/2010 09:44 AM

[ptp-dev] Potential RDT Bug

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have been trying to get remote projects working as I work with a lot of remote machines and this seems like a killer feature.  However, I have only been able to get this to work without the index service (I do not have root access to the remote machines and I haven't been able to connect to a server using the non-deamon version yet. Presumably I need port forwarding).

The bug is the following null-pointer exception:
An internal error occurred during: "C/C++ Indexer".
java.lang.NullPointerException

Steps to reproduce:
1. New -> Remote C/C++ Project
Remote Provider: RSE
Connection: someserver-ssh (SSH-Only Remote System)
Remote Makefile Project: Linux GCC
2. Next Next Next Finish

3. *Exception*

If I instead choose a remote system that also provides a dstore.processes service I get the same error in addition to the following:
Error Updating Discovered info. Updating discovered includes and macros. Details: Error updating discovered info.

Local System:    Mac OS X 10.5.8.
Remote System: Linux 2.6.27
Eclipse Version:  Eclipse Helios M7
CDT Version:      cdt-master-7.0.0-I201005211239
PTP Version:      ptp-master-4.0.0-I201005201043

ptp-dev mailing list
ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx