Re: [ptp-dev] Helios RC1 build today

I have done all I can get to today. I will have to do the rest for RC2. Probably tomorrow.
There were lots more than I thought. :)

Fortunately the wizard made it much easier to externalize lots and lots of strings.
I have checked in my changes and run my JUnit tests to make sure things still work.

For anyone who's interested, externalizing strings makes them easier to translate to different languages,
since the text strings are localized to a file that can change depending on the language setting.
To use the wizard to do this, select a source file and use the context menu Source > Externalize Strings to do it automatically.
I usually changed most of the identifiers it picked to be something more human readable in the code, so e.g.
MyClassName.9 might be instead MyClassName.whatTheStringLookedLike etc.

Our inclusion in the Helios simultaneous release requires us to externalize strings.
Of course, we should have done this anyway, but some of us (ahem) hadn't gotten around to it yet.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---05/18/2010 02:54:59 PM---Please hold off the build, I'm finishing up some PLDT cleanuBeth Tibbitts---05/18/2010 02:54:59 PM---Please hold off the build, I'm finishing up some PLDT cleanup... Hope to be done by 4:30. Will post

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/18/2010 02:54 PM

[ptp-dev] Helios RC1 build today

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please hold off the build, I'm finishing up some PLDT cleanup...
Hope to be done by 4:30. Will post here.