[ptp-dev] Probme about using TAU with Eclipse ptp

Hi Wyatt,

I was unable to profile an appication with TAU  and Eclipse ptp.

My platform is X86/Linux, eclipse-3.5.1 with ptp-3.0.
And the PTP installation works well to launch non-profile jobs.

I tried to profile a serial C application. After selecting Run->Profile Configurations....,
in the poped up configuration dialog, when I tried to add a new configuraton by double clicking the "Parallel Performance Analysis" or "Performance Analysis", an error dialog poped up saying that "An error has occurred. See error log for more details. edu/uoregon/tau/perfdmf/DataSource", and on the console where I run eclipse, I got outputs like "Warning: Tau Jars Not Found".  And the "Profile" button is always disabled.

I have correctly configured, built and installed TAU with command line mode and profile data can be produced for the example applications.  Also, according to tau-referenceguide, I have run "$(TAU_PATH)/tools/src/eclipse/install_plug-ins.sh <path-to>/eclipse". This step finishes successfully. As the problem still exists, I also copied some jar files to eclipse/plugins directory as specified in tau-2.19.1/tools/src/eclipse/README.eclipse.

Note TAU/bin is on my PATH variable, and in Eclipse "Windows->Preferenes->Parallel Tools->External Tools->Tool Location Configuration", I can see that Eclipse has detected the tau bin directory correctly. I have no database installed and configured perfdmf with "perfdmf_configure --create-default".

What's the problem? Did I miss anything?  What's the correct way to profile with TAU in eclipse?

Regards,
Jie

使用Messenger保护盾2.0,支持多账号登录! 现在就下载!

Back to the top