Re: [ptp-dev] Fwd: Re: submitting Jobs

Roland,

Is this what you mean?  Or are you sending back an this event after submission from the client completes (i.e., the call to submit returns from the proxy, but the proxy then discovers something wrong with the submit configuration)?

Greg,

I had thought that a submission error would be handled in the layers above the specific ResourceManager.  However, I also thought I would try the following:

- Make the PBSLaunchConfigurationTab implement IResourceManagerListener;
- Add this to the passed in IResourceManager on initializeFrom
- Implement an error message using the errorDialog methods in the org.eclipse.ptp.launch.PTPLaunchPlugin

This is a bit kludgy, but I wanted to see if it captures the error Roland says is not being displayed.

Al

"History does not repeat itself, but often it rhymes." (attr. Mark Twain)