Re: [ptp-dev] SDM Debugger/Eclipse client protocol

Greg
My original plan was that I only modify the protocol for messages from the proxy to the client since I expected that to be the high traffic path. In looking at SDM code, I found that it calls proxy_serialize_msg, which is where most of the changes to the message formats, which then affects the deserialization code in SDM. I think this is the same code that handles messages from the client to the debugger, so it looks like I'll have to modify the message formats in both directions.
Dave

Re: [ptp-dev] SDM Debugger/Eclipse client protocol

Greg Watson to: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
03/24/2010 04:46 PM

Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Parallel Tools Platform general developers

Yes, the debugger protocol is in org.eclipse.ptp.proxy.protocol, and the SDM (org.eclipse.ptp.debug.sdm) uses both the proxy and utils libraries. For the C side, take a look in src/client/client_cmds.c and src/utils/event.c.

Greg