Re: [ptp-dev] PTP 3.0.1 RC2b - please test!

I tried to install RDT directly into the "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers" release and I got this error:
Missing requirement: PTP Remote Development Tools 3.0.1.200912222219 (org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.feature.group 3.0.1.200912222219) requires 'org.eclipse.cdt.core.lrparser 5.1.0' but it could not be found

This dependency is bogus. RDT supports this parser, but it does not require it, so it should be possible to install RDT without it.

In the PTP installation instructions it describes two different ways of installing CDT, one of which is required if you want to run RDT. Why shouldn't RDT work with the basic version of CDT that comes with the distro I'm using? Is it because of this unnecessary dependency?

I did some quick testing. I was able to create a remote project using the RSE services and the remote indexer seems to be working fine. The fixes I put in recently are working. However, we are still using the old confusing version of the New Remote C/C++ Project wizard, which requires users to set things up perfectly or else the indexer or builder might not work.

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
Eclipse CDT/PTP
IBM Toronto
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts ---12/22/2009 11:29:27 PM---Jeff and I have fixed the photran versions andBeth Tibbitts ---12/22/2009 11:29:27 PM---Jeff and I have fixed the photran versions and

Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/22/2009 11:29 PM

[ptp-dev] PTP 3.0.1 RC2b - please test!

Jeff and I have fixed the photran versions and
PTP 3.0.1 RC2b is available at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds/3.0.1

I can install ptp and photran; i did some simple tests of pldt and i can run -- and debug -- a 'hello mpi' in the PTP runtime
Jeff is testing photran.

Chris/Mike, can you give a test of RDT?
Anyone else who is around, please test!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
http://eclipse.org/ptp
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511