Re: [ptp-dev] Thinking about rsync-before-make hybrid local/remote projects

Thanks for the replies!

I tried EFS converting the parser and indexer a while back, and it was a big nightmare.
E.g. the scanner config and scanner discovery portions of CDT are not EFS aware. The debugger is not EFS aware either.
CDT is pretty much already using URIs to open files

So, I take it this means that (1) CDT can only parse and index files on the local filesystem, but (2) the index uses URIs, so if a definition is located in a non-local file, Open Declaration, Search, etc. will work correctly with a non-local URI... is that right?

In this rsync-type model, I think we could safely assume that only library headers would be remote, so the lack of EFS awareness in scanner discovery and the debugger wouldn't be a serious problem. (True?)

> use the remote indexer on the remote machine to generate an index
> file for the headers, then download that index file to the local
> machine and link it into the local index.

Interesting idea; I'll have to think some more about that...

Jeff

Back to the top