Re: [ptp-dev] release status

I'm a bit confused by this:

> RDT can't use Remote Tools (even without indexing)

I see 251592, but as far as I know, it works otherwise.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

          Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          10/30/2008 05:06 PM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

[ptp-dev] release status

Hi all,

Here is the current list of bugs. At this stage it's looking like RDT and PTP are basically independent. RDT can't use Remote Tools (even without indexing) and the PTP debugger still needs to be remote enabled to work with the RDT editor. Also, I have been unable to build the TAU Fortran component (even with Vivian's help!)

So, do we want to go ahead and release as-is tomorrow? Please let me know +1 or -1 for the release. I'm willing to take input from non-committers as well. My view is that it would be better to delay things until we have better integration, but I know some folks need a release for their products.

If we go ahead, I'll spend the day updating the documentation. Otherwise I will continue working on PTP/RDT integration issues.

Greg

241899norP3g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxASSIMac2.1RC4PTP prereqs should not test just >= since it will accept eclipse/cdt "too new"
251479norP3recoskie@xxxxxxxxxxNEWMac2.1RC3Remote Call Hierarchy doesn't work on RC2
251592norP3g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxASSIAll2.1RC4Importing existing remote project works with RSE but not Remote Tools