[ptp-dev] Error installing tau components

Greetings,

It was recently impressed upon me that testing from the master packages rather than cvs is probably a good idea.  This has proven fruitful.  When installing the complete PTP from the latest package I get this error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
  Error closing the output stream for org.eclipse.ptp.perf.tau.jars/osgi.bundle/1.0.0.200809282250 on repository file:/home/wspear/Desktop/testPTP210/eclipse/.
  Error unzipping /tmp/org.eclipse.ptp.perf.tau.jars_1.0.0.20080928225030754.jar: Invalid zip file format

I'm not sure why eclipse is trying to unzip a jar file, but I do know that the perf.tau.jars plugin should be installed as a directory rather than a jar.  It needs to be a directory so it can contain the external jar files provided by TAU.

Regards,
Wyatt Spear

Back to the top