Re: [ptp-dev] Question about setting local address for proxy connection

Dave,

It's not necessary to specify this address when using Remote Tools because everything is tunneled over the ssh connection, which I think will be the most common way it is used. It's only required by RSE because it doesn't support tunneling. The problem with automatically determining the address is that systems often have multiple addresses, so which one should be used? Any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated.

Regarding the RM not starting properly. This sounds like a bug to me, since it should always be possible to stop a resource manager, even if it hasn't started properly. You shoulsn't need to resort to shutting down eclipse for this. Would you please open a bug?

Greg