[ptp-dev] More PTP Milestone1A problems

I tried the PTP milestone1 build again tonight and got a little farther with trying to create a new remote project. This time when I tried to use the new remote project wizard, I was able to choose the remote tools filesystem and click the browse button next to the location text field on the first wizard page. This time, I was able to select a connection name from the dropdown at the top of the browse directory dialog, and then browse my home directory on my remote Linux system and select a directory on hat system. However, as I tried to advance thru the wizard pages I got a message in the PDE error log window that the directory path I selected could not be opened, and the finish button for the wizard never was enabled. The odd thing was that the pathname that showed up in the error message had '\' as directory delimiters instead of '/'. My eclipse GUI is running on a windows XP system so I'm wondering if pathnames are being sent to the Linux system with '\' in the path name.

I wasn't sure why this was failing so I downloaded the M1A build. Now when I select browse in the new remote project wizard and then click a connection name in the browse directory dropdown, I get a progress dialog but it freezes at about the halfway point and the connection doesn't complete within a couple minutes. At that point I canceled the progress dialog.

Another problem that I have been seeing, and which still happens in the M1A build is that if I have a PE proxy running when I shut down eclipse, then the next time I start Eclipse, where I have a different IP address (because I've dropped my VPN connection and then reconnected), then when PTP tries to restart the proxy, it fails and the icon for that proxy is blue. At that point, I can't do anything with the proxy. I shot down Eclipse and start again, and the proxy icon is now gray (inactive). If I fix the local address for proxy connection in the resource manager wizard so it matches my current IP address, I can start the proxy and everything is fine. If there was a way to reset the state of the proxy icons in the resource manager wizard so that it wasn't blue, I wouldn't have to restart Eclipse to fix the problem.

I have what I think is a working RSE connection. If I open the Remote System Explorer perspective and open Sftp files or shell processes in the tree in the remote systems view, I can see files and processes appear in the view. I switched to the PTP runtime view and tried to create a resource manager using the same RSE connection. The first problem is that if I change the remote service provider to RSE, then the browse button next to the proxy path edit filed does't do anything. If I select local as the remote service provider, then I get a file selector dialog. I switched remote service provider back to RSE and pasted in the full path name to my proxy and filled in the other fields in the wizard and clicked finish. Then I tried to start the proxy. I get a progress dialog for a couple seconds and then I get a popup dialog with a message 'Failed to start resource manager' and the proxy icon goes to the blue state.

Dave

Back to the top