Re: [ptp-dev] Problems with milestone 1 ptp build

I tried this again tonight and got the exact same problem with your proxy. The reason the stack loooked corrupt was that all the proxy code is compiled with -O2 and so the info gdb shows is not correct. I modified all the makefiles to remove -O2 and recompiled the proxy. I still had the problem but the parameters on all the functions now looked ok with a hostname (IP address in my case) and port number.

That all doesn't seem to be the problem though. While I was poking around, I tried telnet from my lab machine back to my windows machine and got an IBM internal firewall prompt that I have not seen for weeks. Once I responded to that, I am able to start my proxy using remote tools services. So maybe this is all related to the network problems we had today.

One other thing I noticed in trying to pick up your proxy was that the remote browser in the add resource manager wizard would not let me navigate above my home directory to anywhere else on the system. This might be a problem since it seems taht requires every user to have their own copy of the proxy and not share one in system directory like /usr/local/bin

Dave

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/10/2008 04:34 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] Problems with milestone 1 ptp build

Dave,

I'm not seeing your PE proxy problem at all, and looking at the stack
trace it seems like the second stack frame is corrupted. I wonder if
this might be the problem? Can you try the proxy executable that's in
my home directory in eclipse/plugins/
org.eclipse.ptp.linux.x86_2.1.0.200809092109/bin?

Greg