Re: [ptp-dev] Questions about PTP, RSE and RDT

I think I have sort of figured out how I'm getting a path of '\usr\include' but I don't know why. I did create a remote C project using the project wizard. If I look at the 'Remote Paths and Includes' page in the project properties, it's pre-filled in with '/usr/include'. I added an entry for '/usr/include/sys' in this page, and now I get two error messages for invalid project path, one for \usr\include and a second for \usr\include\sys. It looks like something is getting confused about Linux/Unix path separators and Windows path separators and using the windows path separator '\' since my Eclipse installation is running on a windows XP system. I grepped thru the PTP source I downloaded looking for any reference to path.separator or file.separator properties as well as looking just for separator and didn't find anything. Could there be code that knows it's running on Windows and just hard codes '\' as the path separator?

If I clean my remote project, then when it rebuilds, I get two error messages 'Error launching external scanner info generator (/opt/ibmcmp/xlc -E -v F:/source/runtime-New_configuration/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.cpp)'. I'm not quite sure where this is coming from, but wanted to point this out as well.

Neither of these are serious problems for me since I'm interested in getting my PE proxy working with remote projects and I can create a remote project that I can use with my proxy. I have to compile my test programs by hand on my Linux system so I can run them, but that's not a big deal right now.
Dave

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/22/2008 09:23 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] Questions about PTP, RSE and RDT

Dave,

Not sure about 1 or 2 (maybe Chris can help?). It's possible RSE is
not working with PTP as I've been concentrating on remote tools. I'll
take a look and see if I can repeat the problem. Can you tell if the
proxy is getting started at all? Is the path to the proxy correct?
Output from the process should go to a console if you have the
"Display combined output in a console view" option set in the launch
configuration. You should also still be able to use the old jobs view
to double click on a process icon. Not sure why you're not seeing
processes though. I'll take a look at that as well.

Greg