Re: [ptp-dev] Changes to PTP remote abstraction

Chris,

The "remote" plugins in tools folder are named Remote Tools, which provide remote services to PTP based on SSH, its role is same with RSE.

Best Regards,

------
Hongchang Lin

Inactive hide details for Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx>Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx>

          Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/30/2008 09:55 PM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-dev] Changes to PTP remote abstraction

I'm a bit confused...

Looking at CVS, I see:

- org.eclipse.ptp
- core
- org.eclipse.ptp.remote
- org.eclipse.ptp.remote.remotetools
- org.eclipse.ptp.remote.remotetools.ui
- org.eclipse.ptp.remote.ui
- tools
- org.eclipse.ptp.remotetools.core
- org.eclipse.ptp.remotetools.environment.core
etc.

Things that seem odd to me:

1. Where is org.eclipse.ptp.remote.core? (Answer: it's actually in org.eclipse.ptp.remote.... the directory was not renamed at the same time that the plugin ID was changed in MANIFEST.MF). Can this be fixed?
2. Ditto remotetools.core
3. Why is part of remotetools in the core folder and the rest in the tools folder?

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto

http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                  Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                  Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                  07/21/2008 10:16 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject

[ptp-dev] Changes to PTP remote abstraction

I've been asked to separate the core and UI components of the PTP
remote abstraction layer. I propose to create two new plugins:
org.eclipse.ptp.remote.core and org.eclipse.ptp.remote.ui respectively
and remove the existing org.eclipse.ptp.remote plugin. If anyone has a
problem with this, let me know, otherwise I'll commit the changes
tomorrow.

Greg