Re: [ptp-dev] Large change coming through

There are definitely dependencies now on RSE 3.0, which requires Eclipse 3.4.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

Inactive hide details for Hong Chang Lin <linhongc@xxxxxxxxxx>Hong Chang Lin <linhongc@xxxxxxxxxx>

          Hong Chang Lin <linhongc@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/30/2008 07:32 AM

          Please respond to

cc

Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [ptp-dev] Large change coming through

Greg,

I don't think Remote Tools have features dependent on latest CDT. If so, that means Remote Tools can define the dependencies with version range from 3.3 to 3.4. I know Remote Tools is in turn dependent on PTP core. Is it possible to let PTP core include 3.3 in dependency range? That will be helpful for us to go on staying with 3.3.

Best Regards,

------
Hongchang Lin
System Performance Tools
IBM China Systems & Technology Laboratory in Shanghai
Email:linhongc@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel:86-21-6092-2424
Inactive hide details for Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                  Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                  Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                  07/28/2008 07:51 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject

Re: [ptp-dev] Large change coming through

Hongchang,

The parallel language development tools are dependent on the CDT version, which is in turn dependent on the Eclipse version. I believe there are also some dependencies on CDT in the remote tools code. In theory it might be possible to maintain a 3.3 dependency on PTP core, but unfortunately we don't have the resources to do this.

Regards,

Greg

          Any PTP features have to depend on Eclipse 3.4? Otherwise, I think it can define the dependencies' versions as a range from Eclipse 3.3 to 3.4. Then PTP's users can use PTP 2.1 release without upgrading to Eclipse 3.4 if they will still stay with 3.3 for a while.

          Best Regards,

          ------
          Hongchang Lin

          <graycol.gif>Greg Watson <
          g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

          Please respond to
          Parallel Tools Platform general developers <
          ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          <ecblank.gif>
          <ecblank.gif>
          Parallel Tools Platform general developers <
          ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          <ecblank.gif>
          cc
          <ecblank.gif>
          <ecblank.gif>
          Subject
          <ecblank.gif>
          Re: [ptp-dev] Large change coming through
          <ecblank.gif><ecblank.gif>

          Hi Daniel,

          The new plugins I created are 3.4 specific. Eclipse 3.4/CDT 5.0 has a
          been a requirement for HEAD for a number of months now. There may have
          not been any specific dependencies until now.

          Greg