Re: [ptp-dev] Large change coming through

Hongchang,

The parallel language development tools are dependent on the CDT version, which is in turn dependent on the Eclipse version. I believe there are also some dependencies on CDT in the remote tools code. In theory it might be possible to maintain a 3.3 dependency on PTP core, but unfortunately we don't have the resources to do this.

Regards,

Greg

Any PTP features have to depend on Eclipse 3.4? Otherwise, I think it can define the dependencies' versions as a range from Eclipse 3.3 to 3.4. Then PTP's users can use PTP 2.1 release without upgrading to Eclipse 3.4 if they will still stay with 3.3 for a while.

Best Regards,

------
Hongchang Lin

<graycol.gif>Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<ecblank.gif>
<ecblank.gif>
<ecblank.gif>
cc
<ecblank.gif>
<ecblank.gif>
Subject
<ecblank.gif>
Re: [ptp-dev] Large change coming through
<ecblank.gif><ecblank.gif>

Hi Daniel,

The new plugins I created are 3.4 specific. Eclipse 3.4/CDT 5.0 has a
been a requirement for HEAD for a number of months now. There may have
not been any specific dependencies until now.

Greg