Re: [ptp-dev] First re-spin build 200803241015 available

Wyatt can you send me the top few stack frames of that NPE?

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             wspear
             <wspear@cs.uorego
             n.edu>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "Parallel Tools Platform general
             ptp-dev-bounces@e         developers" <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/24/08 11:42 PM         Re: [ptp-dev] First re-spin build
                                       200803241015 available

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

There is definitely something amiss with the TAU package.  It's not an
error I've ever seen in previous deployments, or when I use plugins built
from CVS though:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/uoregon/tau/perfdmf/DataSource
This prevents performance launch configurations from loading or saving
properly.
The jar containing that class is included in the jars package, so maybe
something has gone wrong in the TAU plugins' classpath settings during the
plugin export?

I also noticed a null pointer exceptions from pldt plugins in the workspace
error log, but I didn't see that it caused any user-detectable trouble
inside Eclipse.

-Wyatt

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>