[ptp-dev] Question about PTP remote setup

I'm trying to test my PE LoadLeveler code by using a remote connection in
PTP. A few months ago I was able to do this using RSE, creating a RSE ssh
connection and then using that connection. This week I seem to be unable
to even create a RSE ssh connection. I installed RSE by going to the RSE
download site and downloading RSE 2.0.3, where not all the RSE code is at
the 2.0.3 level (some RSE plugins show up as versions 2.0.1 or 2.0.2).

I ended up creating a remote tools connection thru the resource manager
wizard panel, but does not seem to be working correctly. I am able to
launch my proxy, but it exits almost immediately. The same proxy runs just
fine on a local node, so it appears there is something wrong with how the
proxy is connecting to the remote tools service. The other problem I'm
seeing using remote tools services is that something is discarding all
stdio and stderr output from the proxy. This means that any error messages
issued by my proxy are lost and I have no clue why the proxy is exiting.

Am I doing something wrong here? Should I be using RSE or remote services
to create the connection?
Dave

Back to the top