RE: [ptp-dev] Can't suspend running process

-exec-interrupt only works if you’re gdb is listening on the MI stream, which is generally not true. With the CDT, we pretty much exclusively use the kill call via our Spawner class.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

From: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jiangyangtz
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 12:41 PM
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
Subject: RE: [ptp-dev] Can't suspend running process

 The "-exec-interrupt" still does not work for me, even the gdb I used is version 6.4.
What works for me is the kill() syscall.

Regards,
Jie

From: g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:34:00 -0600
To: ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

We did have some problems with the '-exec-interrupt' command not working for some versions of gdb, which is why you see the kill() code. I'm glad to hear it's working for you.

Greg