[ptp-dev] Need method to post error messages in parallel tab

I'm working on my implementation of
AbstractRMLaunchConfigurationDynamicTab where I need to validate the
values for a number of fields, and issue an error message when a field is
invalid. I can return a RMLaunchValidation object with error message from
canSave() or isValid() but the error message shows up only when these
methods are called, and not as the user is interactively filling in the
panel, which I suspect is the preferred behavior.

I don't think I have access to the ParallelTab object, which I think I
need to get the message displayed. If I'm missing something, can you
explain how I should do this? Otherwise, can some method be provided to
display error messages?

This isn't urgent, since for now while I am developing this code, I can
use a println statement, and implementing a method call later should be a
1 line change for me.

Thanks
Dave

Back to the top