[ptp-dev] PTP 1.1 I200702141535 build available

Hi all,

I just uploaded the I200702141535 build to the download server. You can get it from http://www.eclipse.org/ptp/builds.php.

This build updates the MPICH2 support so that it now works (sorry about that).

Some caveats with MPICH2:

- Only the latest version (1.0.5p2) of MPICH2 is supported. This is due to changes in the internal interfaces between versions of MPICH2. I'm working on addressing this problem for both MPICH2 and OpenMPI in the 2.0 release.
- Debugging is not currently supported.
- MPICH2 support should be considered a prototype, since it has not been thoroughly tested.

I noticed some problems in the build process. You need to set your path to point to the MPICH2 bin directory before launching Eclipse, however the build of the OpenMPI proxy will fail in this case (since it requires the OpenMPI header files). Also, you must change the PTP preferences (Window->Peferences...) to use MPICH2 rather than OMPI.

Regards,

Greg

Back to the top