Re: [ptp-dev] Information on events and messages for adding/deleting nodes in machine view

Randy
I think I see how adding nodes works. In looking at the IPMachine and
PMachine classes, I don't see anything that implements the ability to
delete nodes. If that's still to be implemented, that's find, I just want
to be sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks
Dave

"Randy M. Roberts" <rsqrd@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/19/2006 04:43 PM
Please respond to

ptp-dev <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] Information on events and messages for    adding/deleting
nodes in machine view

Dave,

In the AbstractResourceManager class there is the method,
                 protected void fireEvent(final IModelEvent event)
that informs the machine view to rebuild its contents.

An example of its use is found in
RuntimeResourceManager's
                 public void runtimeNodeGeneralChange(String[] keys,
                                             String[] values)
method, around line 300:
 if (newEntity) {
   fireEvent(new ModelSysChangedEvent(
                   IModelSysChangedEvent.MAJOR_SYS_CHANGED,
                   null));
}

I would like to change all of these events and handlers,
but probably won't get around to it for a while.

Regards,
Randy