Re: [Re:][ptp-dev] error starting the OMPI proxy runtime

Try killing all the orte- and ompi- related processes before starting PTP,
and see if that helps.  There are probably some left over from previous
runs.

I don't have the shell script I use on this machine, but will post it when
i get to my office.
It's based on the following:
   1. Close down the Eclipse PTP session. [ do this before running the
script.]
   2. Check there are no orted processes running (killall -9 orted)
   3. Check there are no ompi_server processes running (killall -9
       orte_server)
   4 . If you were debugging, check there are no sdm or gdb processes
       running (killall -9 sdm gdb)
   5. Remove any directories starting with openmpi in /tmp (rm -rf /tmp/
       openmpi*)
Then restart PTP

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             yang ke
             <jodiusyk@yahoo.c
             Sent by:                  ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             ptp-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Re:][ptp-dev] error starting the
             03/10/2006 12:30          OMPI proxy runtime
             AM

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Thanks for your reply,but after I ran " ps ax" when the error dialog
opened, I could see orted, orte_server were already in the list(before PTP
started there was none).  So PATH is set correctly..
      I tracked down the error, and  orte_sds_base_contact_universe()
failed.
following is the call tree:

ORTEStartDaemon(orte_server.c)
ORTEInit()             (orte_server.c)
orte_init()               (orte_init.c)
orte_system_init()    (orte_init.c)
orte_init_stage1()     (orte_init_stage1.c)
orte_sds_base_contact_universe()   (Sds_base_interface.c)

 /* Try to connect to the universe */
    if (ORTE_SUCCESS != (ret = orte_sds_base_contact_universe())) {
        ORTE_ERROR_LOG(ret);
        error = "orte_sds_base_contact_universe";
        goto error;
    }

I am not familary with openmpi and orte, so I wonder if I have to do some
configurations after openmpi installation? Thanks